Friday 22 July 2011

SF11 guest blog number 6. Ruth Brandon



Awrite lads, Ruth here or, if you prefer, Karma the vampire from Prom Night of the Living Dead.
Rehearsals are going pretty well, I'm loving seeing everything come together with the 3 week company too (feel kinda sorry for you lot having to learn everything so fast, but I'm impressed!) It's so peculiar being in a heavy cheesey musical and not playing a cheesey character... let's be honest, vampires and cheese don't go, especially if it's garlic cheese! Sorry- clearly Nathan's terrible jokes are having an effect on me.

I've literally just been fitted for my costume and it's pretty braw, very black and very batlike. Fin decided that should wear flat shoes, so after spending the last few weeks rehearsing in 5 inch heels I don't know whether to be relieved or gutted! The whole cast seems really excited about their costumes too, set's being built next week and I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks until opening night! Adrenaline overload aaahhh!

Who would play me in a film of my life? Tough question man, um apparently the chick that played Effy from Skins resembles me when I was about 15, so maybe she could play young me? Is it okay to invite Audrey Hepburn back from the dead to film it? We both have unplaceble accents you see... Fair enough, she's much more beautiful than wee me, but I can dream eh?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have carrots and humous waiting to be eaten... Catch ye! x